IndustryOutsider is supported by its readers. When you purchase through links on the site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.
Every year at Interbike, I would check out the latest in road bikes, and shake my head. Lighter frames, lighter wheels, electronic shifting. And a huge price tag. Meanwhile, mountain bikes were getting better suspension, better brakes, and different wheel and tire size options. Yet pricing remained somehow more affordable. Now, I’m not saying I wasn’t once a weight-weenie roadie. But even if I did have this kind of money to burn, I’d want some plush-riding, all-mountain, fat-tired hill-slayer instead. Then again, only one cyclist gets to own this bike, and to some, that’s worth the price of admission.
SAGE Titanium Bicycles Skyline Project Bike ‘” $20,000 One-Off Road Bike Tips the Scales at Just 13.2 Lbs
Portland‘s SAGE Titanium Bicycles debuted their Skyline Project bike at the 2018 Sea Otter event. The Skyline Project bike was built to push the boundaries of the exotic by utilizing the incredible components from THM Carbones and Lightweight Wheels. The Skyline Project bike utilizes THM Carbones components for the stem, brake calipers, cranks and bottom bracket, as well as the custom painted fork. Lightweight wheels provide their Meilenstein Obermayer Weiss Edition tubular wheels, custom Selle Italia SLR saddle and custom bar tape. The SRAM Red eTap drivetrain, Cane Creek AER headset, and the 3T Zero25 Team Stealth seatpost and 3T Limited handlebar all help bring the weight of this incredible machine down to 13.2lbs with a size 54cm frame. The one-off, never to be duplicated ever again, custom paint job adds the final touch of class to this amazing build. With a design that blends refined simplicity and outright performance, the Skyline occupies an enviable niche in the cycling world. It climbs mountains as confidently as it rips sinuous descents, and it launches snappy attacks without compromising comfort on all-day adventures. It‘s a looker in the showroom that shines even brighter out on the road. MSRP $20,000. For more information on SAGE Titanium Bicycles, visit www.sagetitanium.com.
Gallery of Skyline Project Bike is here ‘” https://bit.ly/2IDdYmL
- Frame: Sage Skyline 54cm, custom one-off paint
- Fork: THM Carbones Scapula SE fork with one-off paint
- Headset: Cane Creek AER Headset and AER Headset Spacers
- Stem: THM Carbones Tibia Stem
- Handlebar: 3T Limited SuperLeggera
- Bar Tape: Lightweight custom bar tape
- Seatpost: 3T Zero25 Team Stealth Seatpost
- Saddle: Lightweight custom Selle Italia SLR saddle
- Drivetrain: SRAM Red eTap
- Brakes: THM Carbones Fibula Brake Calipers
- Chain: KMC DLC11 Chain- Black
- Cranks: THM Carbones Clavicula SE Cranks with Praxis Chainrings
- Bottom Bracket: THM Carbones 68mm English Threaded BB
- Cassette: SRAM Red XG-1190 11-25 Cassette
- Wheels: Lightweight Meilenstein Obermayer Weiss Edition tubular wheels
- Tires: Vittoria Corsa Speed G+ Tires: 23mm
- MSRP $20,000