Almost $3,500 raised for Big City Mountaineers at Liberty Bottleworks’ ‘Beers for BCM’ Event at OR
Sets record for money raised, sends one lucky giver on ‘Ultimate Ski & Rock n Roll Weekend’
YAKIMA, Wash. – February, 2013 – Almost $3,500 was raised for Colorado-based Big City Mountaineers at Liberty Bottleworks‘ annual “Beers for BCM” event at the Outdoor Retailer tradeshow last month, according to the final tally of cash from the industry blowout.
Liberty served beer from Park City’s Shades of Pale Brewery in custom BCM bottles to outdoor industry insiders who made a donation to support the group and have a chance to win the “Ultimate Ski & Rock n Roll Weekend.”
The custom bottles are used as a fundraising tool by BCM to support their mission to transform the lives of underserved youth through wilderness mentoring expeditions that instill critical life skills.
“The support we got from the outdoor industry and our friends in the music industry was incredible and helped us put on an event that made a big difference for BCM,” said Liberty Co-Founder Ryan Clark. “When it came time for the announcement of the winning number, we had more than 100 people hoping it was their lucky day.”
The winner of the prize package – worth more than $10,000 – was Jack Griffin, a sales rep from Alder Sports Marketing, Inc.
“I just can’t believe this, I’m speechless,” Griffin said. “I need to go call my wife and tell her we’re going to Vermont!”
The prize package included:
- VIP tickets for two to Festevol at Okemo Resort in Vermont, March 16, to see rock supergroup Yukon Kornelius and others.
- Lodging for two at Okemo Resort.
- Two lift tickets for two days at Okemo Resort.
- Lunch on the mountain with band members from Yukon Cornelius, which includes bassistÂ Stefan LessardÂ from theÂ Dave Matthews BandÂ (the anchor member),Â singer/guitaristÂ Ed RobertsonÂ ofÂ Barenaked Ladies, singer/guitaristÂ Adam GardnerÂ fromÂ Guster, and drummerÂ Eric Fawcett fromÂ Spymob.
- A ski rack setup from Thule.
- Skis for two from RAMP.
- Poles for two from Soul Poles.
- An outerwear package for two from Helly Hanson.
Affiliate disclosure statement:
I only recommend products I would use myself or suggest to friends and family. No compensation is provided for publishing articles on this site, although it does contain affiliate links.Â As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. There are other affiliate ads as well. To see the full list, and our affiliate policy, click here.