IndustryOutsider is supported by its readers. When you purchase through links on the site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.
Less than three weeks until the big day, and you haven’t found that perfect gift for the outdoors enthusiast(s) in your life? No worries! We’ve put together a few top picks from some of our favorite brands. We’ll kick it off with stocking stuffers and the mostly under $50 items. (Hint: use the Search box to the left to find reviews of many of the brands listed below)
As a kid, socks would have made a disappointing gift. For an adult that runs, bikes, or hikes, nothing provides a better bang for your buck than a good pair of performance socks. Prices start under $10, and most of the following brands offer Merino, as well as technical blends.
- Check out Darn Tough Vermont for made in America socks that include a lifetime guarantee.
- Swiftwick offers a variety of compression socks, and their SUSTAIN line is made from Repreve recycled nylon.
- One of the widest range of socks, with an emphasis on snow sports, Lorpen offers something for everyone.
- SockGuy has fun socks with graphics for every mood and occasion.
- Although we haven’t reviewed them yet, we’ve heard great things about SealSkinz, and while they may be a bit outside the stocking stuffer price range, their waterproof socks are ideal for this time of year.
Whether it’s water, a hydration mix, coffee, tea, or adult beverages, everyone drinks. And there are about as many ways to keep your drink hot or cold as there are beverages. Most of the ones listed below are BPA-free, dishwasher safe, as well as leak and spill-proof.
- Avex makes everything from single and double walled bottles for cycling, to double wall stainless travel mugs.
- If it’s a beverage, Stanley has a container for it. More than just vacuum bottles, they have plenty of innovative products. Their latest eCycle Flask is recycled, and is the most clever 7 ounce flask we’ve seen.
- Polar is known for their insulated cycling bottles, but have a full line for hot and cold drinks.
- Clean Bottle has a removable lid and base, putting an end to bottles with that funk growing in the bottom.
- From bottles to hydration packs, CamelBak has something for every sport and activity.
We don’t think of gadgets as novelty items. They’re the tools that make activities easier, more fun, or both. And they come in all shapes and sizes.
- Flashlights, pocket knives, and multi-tools are always handy. Coast makes a variety, with prices to suit every budget.
- Gerber knives and tools have been a favorite for years, and they don’t disappoint.
- For camping and outdoor gear with a more tactical feel, SOG offers plenty of tools with an edge.
- Road and mountain bikers, as well as commuters, will appreciate the mini-tool line from Serfas.
- When it comes to starting a fire, cooking, and eating, Industrial Revolution can’t be beat, especially if you’re a fan of Swedish design and quality.
We’ve barely scratched the surface, and will cover more items with plenty of time to get your shopping done. Check back soon.