It’s no secret we here at Industry Outsider love The Sufferfest training videos.Â The announcement of a nutrition guide from them has definitely piqued my interest.
With the weather cooling down and the indoor riding season heating up, I’m getting more and more use out of these videos with each passing week.Â Spending time on rollers or the trainer means that training volume usually goes down while intensity increases.Â The Sufferfest does have some longer videos, but many of them are focused on short, high intensity work.Â With that in mind, The Sufferfest now offers a nutrition guide for fueling for workouts such as these and general guidelines on healthy eating to sustain and improve your training.
Topics of the 27 page guide include supplements, weight loss, pre and post-ride nutrition, and food examples.Â Details are seen in the press release below, and the guide can be ordered from The Sufferfest website for only $9.99.Â The guide is in PDF format, so you’ll be able to instantly download it upon placing your order.
‘EATING TO SUFFER’ – NUTRITION GUIDE – $9.99 USD
When you don’t have much time to train, it’s critical you get the most out of your Suffering. But if you’re not paying close attention to your nutrition, you might not be Suffering – and improving – as much as you can (and no Sufferlandrian likes to hear that).Â Â Â
In fact, the high-intensity/low-volume Sufferlandrian approach requires a specific nutrition approach – one that helps you pound out more watts, recover more effectively and optimise your body’s improvements.
‘Eating to Suffer is the first EVER nutrition guide focused on high-intensity training. Written together with Alan McCubbin of Next Level Nutrition, one of Australia’s leading sports nutritionists for high-intensity training, Alan has written a masterpiece to help you get the most out of your Suffering:
- Chapter 1: The Role Nutrition Plays in Your Suffering – Overview of nutritional demands of high-intensity/low-volume training lifestyle. Introduces our ‘Return on Suffering’ concept.
- Chapter 2: Controlling the Controllables – Control three aspects of performance through nutrition.
- Chapter 3 – Dining in the Torture Chamber – What to eat before and during Sufferfest sessions.
- Chapter 4 – Feeding the Pain – How, what and when to eat when the Suffering is over.
- Chapter 5 – Pills, Thrills and Nitrate – Four nutrition supplements that may actually work.
- Chapter 6 – Suffering to Slim – How to fuel for maximum performance AND lose weight.
- Chapter 7 – Plan to Eat to Suffer to Plan – Nutrition strategies for our 10 week training plans.
- Chapter 8 – Dinner at the Round Table – What to eat if you’re doing Sufferlandrian Knighthood.
- Appendix: Examples of Carboyhydrate Servings – Specific examples of 50g carbohydrate servings across a range of food groups.
– Alex (Steak Sauce)
Affiliate disclosure statement:
I only recommend products I would use myself or suggest to friends and family. No compensation is provided for publishing articles on this site, although it does contain affiliate links.Â As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. There are other affiliate ads as well. To see the full list, and our affiliate policy, click here.