Ok, so we missed it by a day. But it’s certainly still relevant and newsworthy for our readers.
SAN FRANCISCO (February 5, 2014) – Timbuk2, the original San Francisco bag company, today introduces the Worldâ€™s Greatest Messenger bag for its 25th Birthday. Timbuk2â€™s bread and butter, the new Classic Messenger Bag is a grind-it-out, all-day-long product built for efficiency and versatility. The new Classic Messenger is more durable, intelligently pocketed, and comfortable to wear than ever before.
Timbuk2 credits the design of the Worldâ€™s Greatest Messenger to their community, including key updates such as simplified organization, internal water bottle pockets and improved water resistance. To celebrate, Timbuk2 will be showcasing its beloved fans with a â€œLook What Youâ€™ve Doneâ€ campaign throughout the year, profiling consumers with old and young Timbuk2 messenger bags from all over the world on the Timbuk2.com homepage, blog and Facebook.
â€œTimbuk2 products have always been designed to keep people moving, whether itâ€™s by air, bike, bus, car, foot or train,â€ said Timbuk2 CEO Mike Wallenfels. â€œThe newest generation of the Classic Messenger does just this, only better.â€ Â
The new Classic Messenger will be available in the Custom Bag Builder to create a truly personalized bag made to order in San Francisco or in a variety of colors on www.timbuk2.com on Feb. 5, 2014.
- 25 percent lighter – Timbuk2 is going back to its original fabric after years of using 1680D Ballistic Nylon and now offers Cordura 940D Endurance Nylon featuring higher tear strength and better water repellency.
- Easy fit adjustment while eliminating excess webbing â€“ Featuring a Double-loop CAM Buckle.
- Better Comfort â€“ Fully adjustable shoulder strap with a permanent, ambidextrous, super comfortable air mesh strap pad.
- Better Weather Proofing â€“ Corner flaps fold in place to keep water and weather out.
- Better Organization â€“ Internal organizer pockets distributed throughout the main compartment for a balanced comfortable carry.
- Smart Pockets – Internal water bottle pocket and internal slash pocket for a laptop, ipad or documents.
- Easier Portability â€“ Low profile top grab handle for easy get-up-and-go.
The Timbuk2 Classic Messenger is available in the custom bag builder and in Black, Night Blue/Pacific/Night Blue, Diablo, Carbon Twill, Confetti, Dusk Blue Surf Stripe, Dark Brown/Black, Tusk/Dark Brown, Caddyshack, Cobalt Sunset Stripe, and Tropical Mist Pink. The retail price is $79 (XS), $89 (S), $99 (M), and $109 (L).
To support the launch of the Timbuk2 25th Anniversary Classic Messenger, Timbuk2 will be hosting a variety of events and promotions during 2014, including a Facebook photo contest giving away a messenger bag daily for 25 days and a 25th Birthday Party in San Francisco. Follow Timbuk2â€™s blog for more details in the coming months at or on Facebook.
Timbuk2 is a San Francisco original, founded 25 years ago by bike messenger Rob Honeycutt in a garage in the cityâ€™s Mission District. Since its inception in 1989, Timbuk2 has designed quality bags, packs and accessories built to last a lifetime, evolving from the original bike messenger company to a pioneer of made-in-America customization and an industry leader in forward-thinking, sustainable manufacturing. The relentless drive to inspire urban mobility, enable individuality and promote responsibility has propelled Timbuk2 forward as it continues fusing passion and style to create durable, functional products informed by the companyâ€™s longstanding cycling roots and todayâ€™s vibrant city landscape. Timbuk2 products are sold at their two retail stores in San Francisco and Seattle, specialty retailers and online at www.Timbuk2.com.
Affiliate disclosure statement:
I only recommend products I would use myself or suggest to friends and family. No compensation is provided for publishing articles on this site, although it does contain affiliate links.Â As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. There are other affiliate ads as well. To see the full list, and our affiliate policy, click here.